Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

And God Said No!


I asked God to take away my pride. And God said "No". He said it
was not for him to take away, but for me to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said
"No". He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience. And God said "No". He said
patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned.
I asked God to give me happiness. And God said "No". He said he
gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me pain. And God said "No". He said
suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said "No". He said I
must grow on my own. But he will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said "No". He
said I will give you life, that you may enjoy all things.
I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me. And
God said, Ah, finally you have the idea.

Amen.
Peace of Christ to ALL
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...