Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Meditation by Cardinal Newman


God has created me to do Him
some definate service,
He has committed some work to me
which He has not committed to another.
I have my mission-
I may never know it in this life,
but I shall be told it in the next.
I am a link in a chain,
a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for naught.
I shall do good, I shall do His work.
I shall be an angel of peace,
a preacher of truth in my own place
while not intending it-
if I do but keep His Commandments.
Therefore, I will trust Him.
Whatever, whereever I am,
I can never be thrown away.
If I am in sickness,
my sickness may serve Him;
in perplexity my perplexity may serve Him;
if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him.
He does nothing in vain.
He knows what He is about.
He may take away my friends,
He may throw me to strangers.
He may make me feel desolate,
make my spirits sink,
hide my future from me-still
He knows what He is about.

Cardinal Newman
Peace of Christ to ALL
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...